Website Feedback

Form Builder

Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Environmental Student Hero of the Year Award

The Kawartha Lakes Environmental Advisory Committee (KLEAC) is accepting applications for the 2023 Environmental Student Hero Award until May 14, 2024. The Student Award will be presented to students who have participated in a project that demonstrates a commitment to improve or change the environment.

Who can enter?
1• Applicants must be students and residents in Kawartha Lakes, including Kindergarten to Grade 12 and post-secondary students.
2. Applicants must submit project documentation - including photographs and records of progress.
3. The project must have been completed within the 2023 or 2024 school years.

Creative "out of the box" thinking is encouraged and all submissions will be considered in terms of the age group and the relevance to the environmental issue identified by the project.

In the following sections, use short sentences, paragraphs or point form lists to provide CKLEAC with a clear impression about your project. At the bottom of the application, please upload any documents and photographs you wish to submit with your project summary.


Allowed extensions pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, tif

Contact Information

Please complete the section below. If you are under the age of 18, please have a parent or a legal guardian assist with this portion of the application and provide their contact information for CKLEAC to reach out to.

This information is being collected pursuant to The Municipal Act, 2001, for the purpose of selecting and promoting the Environmental Hero Student Award winner(s). Applicants should retain a copy of their submission for their reference. The application content and supporting information become the property of the City of Kawartha Lakes and will not be returned.  Notwithstanding the foregoing, personal information is protected by the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 1990. Questions about the collection of this information should be directed to the City Clerk or Deputy Clerk at


Contact Us