Website Feedback

Form Builder

Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Film Permit Application

We are excited that you have chosen Kawartha Lakes for your film project!

Before you fill out the application form, please read the Film guidelines and Film bylaw to ensure that you are following the correct process.

  • You don’t require a film permit, if you film on a private property in Kawartha Lakes without blocking a road or road allowance, don't use Phyrotechnics, Drones, fire arms, don't need exemptions from bylaws or other activities that have a municipal interest.
  • You do require a film permit, if any of the following applies:
    • Filming takes place on City’s property: Arenas, City Hall, Community Centres, Libraries, Community Halls, Parks and parkettes, Lindsay Aquaplex -swimming pool, other City-owned buildings and spaces
    • filming on roads
    • filming outside of permitted times (11pm to 7am) due to Municipal Noise Bylaw
    • road closure is needed for filming, or road is used for parking production vehicles
    • Noise Exemption application is needed.
    • use of weapons or special effects
  • If filming permit is required, you must complete Certificate of Insurance for:


Information Collection Notice

Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, C.25, and will be used for the purpose of film permitting and administration. None of the individually collected data is published. Only cumulative information from all submissions received are generalized and presented to Council and/or public. Inquiries regarding this collection should be directed to the Office of the Clerk at 705-324-9411

Contact Us